Japan Scientist Builds The Eliica Electric
Looks like the tire business will get a boost in Japan, if Dr. Shimizu gets his way. The Eliica eight wheel electric is catching the interest of the government which may make a big investment. So far there are two Eliicas which run on lithium-ion batteries. Each wheel has its own motor, thus more wheels, more power and smaller motors. The car will reportedly reach 230 miles per hour. If they can build 200, the price will fall to about $255,000. Unreal.
1. Electric Vehicles - The trend towards electrification in the automotive industry opens up opportunities for electric cars with unique features such as eight wheels.
2. Advanced Batteries - The use of lithium-ion batteries in the Eliica electric car highlights the growing demand for high-performance batteries to power electric vehicles.
3. Government Investments - The Japanese government's interest in the Eliica electric car showcases the trend of governments investing in innovative transportation technologies for sustainable mobility.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can explore the development of eight-wheeled electric cars as a disruptive innovation to offer enhanced performance and unique selling points.
2. Tire - The tire industry can seize the opportunity to supply specialized tires for eight-wheeled electric cars, catering to their unique needs and delivering optimal performance.
3. Battery - The battery industry can capitalize on the demand for advanced lithium-ion batteries to power electric vehicles like the Eliica, leveraging their expertise to provide high-performance solutions for electric car manufacturers.