Domino's will begin to make e-bike deliveries across different locations throughout the US. The company was previously testing the new delivery method and has since opted to fully launch e-bike deliveries. Domino's has plans in place to use "hundreds" of the bikes across Baltimore, Houston, Miami and Salt Lake City starting in a few months.
The bikes that will be used to make the deliveries will be electric with two wheels, in addition to boasting a pedal assistance option for approximately 25 to 40 miles on a single charge. The bikes will have a maximum speed of 20 MPH. Each of the vehicles will have a large carrying capacity of 12 large pizzas, which can be stored on both ends of the e-bike.
Image Credit: Domino's
Domino's Will Begin to Make E-Bike Deliveries in United States Locations
1. E-bike Food Delivery - The innovation opportunity is for companies to implement e-bike deliveries for various types of food
2. Electric Delivery Vehicles - The innovation opportunity is for businesses to replace traditional delivery vehicles with electrics ones, such as e-bikes, to reduce their carbon footprint and increase efficiency
3. Last-mile Delivery Solutions - The innovation opportunity is for companies to explore alternative last-mile delivery methods, such as e-bike deliveries, to increase speed and decrease costs
1. Food Delivery - The innovation opportunity is for companies in the food delivery industry to implement e-bikes as a delivery option to increase efficiency and reduce costs
2. Delivery Logistics - The innovation opportunity is for companies in the logistics industry to explore alternative last-mile delivery options, such as e-bike deliveries, to increase efficiency and reduce costs
3. Sustainability - The innovation opportunity is for companies in all industries to consider the environmental impact of their delivery methods and explore more sustainable options, such as e-bikes