In my neck of the woods, we will be attending Earth Hour in Harmony, Florida. It's such a blast!
With millions turning their lights off in Osceola county at 8:00 p.m., in Harmony, folks are encouraged to attend a community movie or candlelit dinner at Greensides' restaurant. Earth Hour also kicks off National Dark Sky Week, from March 29 to April 4, which ends the day before the 5th Annual Dark Sky Festival at Harmony begins. That festival on Saturday, April 5th, we close off the annual Dark Sky Week Festival with events such as viewing the night skies through several telescopes while enjoying music and food, specialty booths, meeting astronomers and scientists, or playing in the Cosmic Kids Zone.
The festivities kick off at 7 pm by the Silver Clouds Community Orchestra and then we get a real treat - a concert by RARE EARTH ("Get Ready", "I Just Want To Celebrate") performing a special concert as part of the celebration. Dancing in the street! I can't wait!
Dark Sky Week In Harmony, Florida
1. Dark Sky Week - Opportunity for businesses to offer stargazing experiences, telescope rentals, and astronomy-themed events.
2. Earth Hour - Potential for companies to develop and promote eco-friendly products and services, such as energy-efficient lighting and renewable energy solutions.
3. Cosmic Kids Zone - Innovative businesses can create interactive educational experiences and products for children interested in astronomy and space exploration.
1. Hospitality - Opportunity for hotels and restaurants to offer special packages and menus for Dark Sky Week and Earth Hour events.
2. Renewable Energy - Potential for companies to develop and market renewable energy solutions to align with Earth Hour's mission.
3. Education and Entertainment - Innovative businesses can create educational programs and products related to astronomy and space for the Cosmic Kids Zone.