The DrinkPure is an inexpensive water filter that was conceived and developed by Jeremy Nussbaumer, a student at the ETH Zurich research institute in Switzerland. Nussbaumer created a prototype that weighs only 100 grams and can meet the hydration needs of one person for up to one year before its filtration components need replacing.
The DrinkPure filter is unique in that it is inexpensive, easy to use and works fast as well. It is simply screwed onto the top of an existing bottle, and can purify approximately one liter of water per minute.
Users simply have to fill a regular plastic bottle with untreated water, screw the filter onto the bottle neck and squeeze the bottle to force filtered water through.
Nussbaumer has launched an Indiegogo campaign to fund field testing of the device in Africa, as he wants to see it used in humanitarian aid prior to being made commercially available.
The DrinkPure Water Filter is Effective and Inexpensive
1. Inexpensive Water Filters - Developing low-cost water filtration technologies for humanitarian aid and emerging markets.
2. Fast Water Filtration - Innovating fast and efficient water filtration methods to solve emergency drinking water needs.
3. Portable Water Filtration - Creating small, portable water filters for everyday use, outdoor activities, and emergencies.
1. Water Filtration Industry - Developing low-cost and portable water filtration technologies for humanitarian aid and emerging markets.
2. Outdoor and Emergency Products Industry - Innovating fast and efficient water filtration products to solve outdoor and emergency drinking water needs.
3. Non-profit Humanitarian Organizations - Partnering with researchers and manufacturers to identify and scale promising water filtration technologies to improve health outcomes in developing countries.