Dr. Martens and BAPE® have joined forces yet again for a fresh redesign of the punk footwear label’s iconic 1460 silhouette.
The design takes inspiration from the Japanese streetwear heavyweight’s BAPE STA® sneaker, with 2020 marking the 20th anniversary of its release. With this in mind, BAPE® complements the 1460 silhouette with its original camouflage pattern, tags, and the same STA logo that’s featured on its sneakers.
As a representative from BAPE® explains, "We wanted to create something powerful and bold, while keeping the strong presence of the boot. We also had to keep in mind that the 1460 boot is a staple item for all, and we did not want to take that trait away and have it clash with [or be] overpowered by our typical loud design."
As 2020 also marks the 60th anniversary of Dr. Martens' 1460 model, the collaborative design makes for the perfect opportunity to celebrate noteworthy milestones for both brands -- with the statement combat boot fusing key elements of their identities together.
An Exclusive Look at the 1460 Boot From Dr. Martens X A Bathing Ape®
1. Celebratory Collaborations - Opportunities for brands to come together to celebrate milestones and fuse key elements of their identities together.
2. Merging of Streetwear and Fashion - The opportunity for streetwear brands to collaborate with established fashion brands to create unique designs that fuse elements of both styles together.
3. Inclusive Design - The opportunity for brands to create celebratory designs that take into account the staple items that are already present in the market and create something powerful and bold that does not clash or overpower existing designs.
1. Fashion - Collaborative designs that bring together fashion brands and streetwear brands to create statement pieces.
2. Streetwear - Opportunities for streetwear brands to collaborate with established fashion brands to create unique designs that fuse elements of both styles together.
3. Footwear - Celebratory collaborations in the footwear industry that fuse the identities of two iconic brands together to create statement pieces that are bold, powerful and popular among consumers.