Building upon his wildly popular romantic resort collection as well as his double-teamed print dresses, Thakoon has managed to move forward into new realms of design while still delivering the easily-wearable garments he is famous for.
Thakoon introduced new shapes and silhouettes, with an inspiration leaning towards Japanese kimonos, as well as delicate plissÃ© pleats that see the double-teamed print dresses softly draped around the models like clouds.
Implications - Consumers have a strong inclination to see new forms emerge that reflect the perception of the future that they have seen reflected in movies. These stems from the over-appropriation of elements of previous generations that has occurred over the past decade. Companies draw these customers in by creating new forms and prizing original design concepts.
Thakoon Panichgul's Spring 2010 Double-Teamed Print Dresses
1. Double-teamed Prints - Designers can create new garments using double-teamed prints and experiment with shapes and silhouettes for an innovative collection.
2. Kimono-inspired Clothing - Designers can incorporate traditional Japanese kimono styles, such as delicate pleats and draping, into new clothing collections for a unique and fresh look.
3. Romantic Resort Wear - Fashion brands can expand their collections to include romantic resort wear, offering consumers a wider variety of easily-wearable, yet fashionable pieces.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate double-teamed prints, Japanese kimono styles, and romantic resort wear into their collections to stay on-trend and innovative in the industry.
2. Textiles - Textile manufacturers can develop new fabrics and prints that lend themselves to double-teaming and delicate pleats, offering designers more options for unique garments.
3. Film & TV - Film and TV production companies can continue to set the stage for the future by developing new visuals, styles, and aesthetics for upcoming projects that inspire fashion designers to experiment with new forms.