Dixon Dedman, a world-renowned American whiskey blender known for his sophisticated rye and bourbon blends, has announced the launch of his newest whiskey innovation called '2XO Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.'
"2XO" stands for Dedman's unique blending process in which he uses two barrels to age whiskey. The second barrel is a charred oak finished cask that adds rich woody notes to the liquid. The new '2XO Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey' is just the first expression to be offered by Dedman's newly launched 2XO brand, which will produce a variety of small-batch blends moving forward.
“Launching 2XO is a dream come true. I had the vision to create something new in American Whiskey backed by the liquid in the bottle, synonymous with quality and the anticipation of the next blend,” said Dedman.
Image Credit: Dixon Dedman
Dixon Dedman Launches His New '2XO Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey'
1. Small Batch Blended Whiskey - Dedman's 2XO brand will produce a variety of small-batch blends, indicating a growing trend towards specialized and unique whiskey blends.
2. Double Barrel Aging - Dedman's unique blending process could inspire other whiskey producers to experiment with double barrel aging, creating new flavor profiles and opportunities for innovation.
3. Premiumization of American Whiskey - Dedman's commitment to quality and innovation with his 2XO brand exemplifies a larger trend towards premiumization in the American whiskey industry.
1. Craft Distilling - The success of Dedman's small-batch, premium blended whiskeys could inspire other craft distilleries to create their own unique blends and expand their product lines.
2. Luxury Spirits - Dedman's commitment to quality and innovation in his blended whiskeys exemplifies a larger trend towards luxury spirits and premiumization in the industry.
3. Barrel Suppliers - Dedman's use of a charred oak finished cask in his blending process could open up opportunities for barrel suppliers to market their finishing techniques to distilleries looking to innovate with new barrel flavors.