Disney has begun licensing fresh fruit in European supermarkets. Shoppers are ready to buy their satsumas and Disney is going to branch out into apples and bananas. To further entice children to eat their fruit they are placing collectible stickers on all their fruit which can be later transferred to a sticker book. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - Nutritious eating is important at all ages, especially during youth when the body is still developing. Disney capitalizes on their target demographic of children (and the parents who care for them) with their decision to sell fruit, which demonstrates the company's ability to use their existing assets in a way that shows thinking outside of the box.
1. Character-branded Produce - Companies can capitalize on their established characters to sell healthier food options and encourage healthy eating habits in children.
2. Incentivizing Healthy Eating - By offering incentives like collectible stickers, companies can make healthy food options more exciting to children and increase their appeal.
3. Diversifying Product Offerings - Companies outside the food industry can explore new opportunities by expanding their product offerings to include healthy food options and meet consumer needs.
1. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can expand their reach beyond traditional merchandise and explore licensing agreements for character-branded produce to generate additional revenue streams.
2. Retail - Supermarkets and grocers can take advantage of the trend towards healthy eating habits by incorporating incentivizing tactics and character-branded produce to appeal to children and their caretakers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can help companies in various industries explore opportunities to promote healthy food options in an engaging and effective way, such as through character branding and incentivizing tactics.