Ralph Lauren has teamed up with the founder of Tom’s Shoes, Blake Mycoskie, to create a few Rugby designs including a black pair which have embroidered skulls on them, and some other colorful striped versions with rugby numbers.
This is the first time Ralph has engaged in a design collaboration outside his own company.
The additional photos showcase some other new designs in Tom’s Spring collection, including wrap-around knee-high boots which are a huge leap forward from his simple flat designs.
Other design developments in the Toms Spring collection include soles made out of rope and rubber so that they last longer, and there is also a vegan range which is completely leather free.
True to his 1 for 1 business model, for every pair of these Tom’s shoes sold, a pair of shoes will be donated to a needy child.
Collaborative Designs By Ralph Lauren & Toms Shoes
1. Collaborative Designs - The trend of partnering with other brands or individuals to create innovative designs, as seen in the collaboration between Ralph Lauren and Tom's Shoes.
2. Sustainable Shoe Materials - The trend of using eco-friendly and durable materials in footwear, such as the use of rope and rubber soles in Tom's Spring collection.
3. Vegan Fashion - The trend of offering animal-friendly fashion options, like the vegan range of shoes in Tom's Spring collection.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore partnerships with other brands to create unique and collaborative designs.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry has the opportunity to incorporate sustainable materials, such as rope and rubber soles, into their products for increased durability.
3. Ethical Fashion - The ethical fashion industry can embrace the trend of vegan fashion by offering more animal-friendly options to consumers.