Selfridges is one of my favourite department stores in London and is delivering a great selection of events under the platform of ‘A Big Yellow Festival’ to celebrate turning 100, including a cabaret and, of course, shopping events.
In an almighty fine move, Selfridges has even brought gay bingo to the store, at 12 in the afternoon. Love it!!
The concept of celebrating what was once a very traditional department store in a very non-traditional way is just brilliant.
Selfridges 100th ‘Big Yellow Festival' Includes Gay Bingo
1. Alternative Department Store Events - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and unconventional events in department stores to attract diverse and non-traditional customer segments.
2. Inclusive Retail Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop inclusive and diverse retail experiences that cater to specific communities and celebrate diversity.
3. Evolving Department Store Concepts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transform traditional department stores into dynamic platforms that offer a wide range of events and interactive experiences to engage customers.
1. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reinvent the retail industry by integrating events, entertainment, and community-building activities into the shopping experience.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the convergence of retail and entertainment industries by creating engaging and interactive experiences in stores.
3. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with department stores to host curated events and experiences, blurring the lines between retail and hospitality to attract customers.