Daniel Horowitz is a New York-based illustrator and mixed media artist with a penchant for blending fantastical elements and animals in his work. Earlier this year, Daniel Horowitz created the '365 Series,' a collection of illustrations for each day of the year, at the rate of one drawing a day.
While the theme and content of each drawing varies, one major staple features Daniel Horowitz illustrating animals in unusual and fantasy-like settings, including two regal fish in identical dresses and high-heels, eyes fixated on the camera; a glamour shot of a Betty Draper lookalike, a possum wrapped comfortably around her face; a horse standing in front of a lake, a large and effervescent bird taking a bite out of his midsection. Each image is imaginative, unconventional and undoubtedly jarring.
Despite his eye for the abnormal and nontraditional, Daniel Horowitz is a darling of major media companies. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and GQ.
The Daniel Horowitz 365 Series Pairs Animals with the Surreal
1. Fantastical Animal Illustrations - An opportunity for artists, publishers, and entertainment companies to introduce a new genre of illustrations and animations that blur the line between reality and fantasy
2. 365-day Art Challenge - An opportunity for social media, e-commerce, and art supplies companies to promote challenges that encourage daily creative expression and showcase products and creations
3. Unconventional Art Themes - An opportunity for galleries, artists, and art collectors to expand their collections with rare themed artworks that challenge the norm and captivate audiences
1. Art and Design - An industry that can explore new niches and opportunities that emerge from the merging of reality and fantasy in visual arts
2. Publishing and Media - An industry that can leverage unconventional illustrations and content to create a new type of entertainment that appeals to audiences' curiosity and sense of imagination
3. Social Media and Marketing - An industry that can tap into the growing trend of social media challenges and user-generated content to promote engagement and connect with audiences through creative expression