The Cynthia Fong graduate collection highlights heavy knits and exaggerated proportions. Having graduated from Central St. Martins, the London-based designer takes inspiration from the animal kingdom. Her fascination with ape-centric films like ‘Gorillas in the Mist,’ as well as ‘King Kong,’ have lead her to pay tribute to the majestic gorilla.
When designing this unique collection, Cynthia aimed to portray the apes’ mannerisms by translating their characteristics through her fabric choices. Her collection was intricately woven, giving her knits a rich texture and a strong sense of volume.
Though designed as menswear, the Cynthia Fong graduate collection features unisex looks that are both eye-catching and innovative. From furry trousers to oversized wool capes, this warm collection is ready for the upcoming winter season.
The Cynthia Fong Graduate Collection Highlights Heavy Volumes
1. Heavy Knits - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing new techniques and materials for creating heavy knits that offer unique textures and volumes.
2. Exaggerated Proportions - There is potential for disruptive innovation in creating garments with exaggerated proportions that push the boundaries of traditional fashion design.
3. Unisex Looks - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include creating versatile and inclusive fashion collections that cater to both men and women.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities include exploring new materials, techniques, and designs in fashion to create unique and eye-catching collections.
2. Textile Manufacturing - There is potential for disruptive innovation in textile manufacturing by developing new processes and technologies to create heavy knits with rich textures and volumes.
3. Retail and Fashion Merchandising - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include creating marketing strategies and retail experiences that cater to the growing demand for unique and innovative fashion collections.