Awww, how quaint, Grammie and Grampie still have their landline. Remember those? Jeez, I bet they still have a rotary phone someplace in the garage. Well, you know Grammie and Grampie don't like missing out on the conversation, and when Grampie picks up the extension, he says it isn't loud enough.
Implications - Many technological systems such as gaming devices are built so that you can share the fun with more than one person. Businesses that build items that are meant to be used and shared with others provide a great source of entertainment for people who have company. With a society so based on communication through technology, it is important to have access to items that are meant to be used face to face.
Double the Receivers, Double the Fun
1. Shared Entertainment - Opportunity to develop and market items meant for shared usage, providing entertainment for groups of people.
2. Face-to-face Technology - Opportunity to create technological devices that promote in-person communication and interaction.
3. Enhanced Audio Experience - Opportunity to develop improved audio technologies for landline phones and other communication devices.
1. Gaming - Developing multiplayer gaming devices and accessories for shared entertainment experiences.
2. Consumer Electronics - Creating innovative technologies that bridge the gap between online and offline communication.
3. Audio Technology - Advancing audio technologies to enhance the quality of sound in communication devices like landline phones.