Colleen Baran's Ring a Day project involves decorating her finger with a new miniature sculpture every day of 2010. She recycles items like rubber bands from asparagus, false eyelashes, felt, human hair, cucumber beauty masks and even food-filled tin foil to create a new piece of jewelry every day.
Colleen Baran says her project is more about fun than commercial work. Some rings will be suitable for daily wear and others will be ephemeral, made of fragile or disposable materials.
Colleen Baran Makes a Ring a Day
1. Upcycled Jewelry - Opportunity for jewelry designers to create unique pieces by repurposing unconventional materials.
2. Daily Art Projects - Artists can engage in daily creative practices to explore new ideas and push their artistic boundaries.
3. Sustainable Fashion Accessories - Growing demand for eco-friendly and socially responsible fashion accessories opens opportunities for designers to create sustainable jewelry.
1. Jewelry Design - Innovative materials and unconventional designs can disrupt the traditional jewelry industry.
2. Art and Creative Practices - Incorporating daily creative projects can disrupt traditional art practices and inspire new forms of expression.
3. Fashion and Accessories - Sustainable and upcycled fashion accessories can disrupt the industry by offering unique and environmentally conscious products.