Converse has announced the release of the all-new Fall 2014 Chuck Taylor All Star DC Comics collection of sneakers. This limited edition sneaker collection takes its inspiration from fabled DC Comics characters including Superman, Batman, The Joker, Wonder Woman as well as several Justice League characters illustrated by renowned DC Comics artists Jim Lee, Mark Simpson, Andy Kubert and Kenneth Rocafort.
The Chuck Taylor All Star DC Comics collection marks the eight collaboration between Converse and Warner Brothers. The new sneaker collection is available at Journeys stores, the Journeys.com website and Converse's website.
The Batman and Justice League sneaker editions should retail for between $35-$60, while the Superman and Wonder Woman shoes have a suggested retail price of $60.
The Chuck Taylor All Star DC Comics Sneakers Feature Superman & Batman
1. Comic-inspired Sneakers - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by combining popular comic book characters with footwear design.
2. Limited Edition Collections - Creating limited edition collections that appeal to niche markets and fandoms can drive sales and create buzz in the fashion industry.
3. Brand Collaborations - Continuing collaboration between brands, such as Converse and Warner Brothers, creates unique products and expands brand reach.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of comic-inspired sneakers to attract a younger, more diverse customer base.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore partnerships with fashion brands to create merchandise that combines popular characters and fashion.
3. Retail - Retailers can leverage the limited edition nature of these collections to drive foot traffic and online sales, attracting comic book fans and collectors.