Christian Andersen, a filmmaker that is based in Denmark, had the opportunity to visit NYC and create an inspiring series of images around his experience. Andersen's film captures Manhattan and Brooklyn perfectly with chaotic streets, town houses and amazing architecture.
What I particularly like about this film by Christian Andersen is how well the images work with the music that he chose to accompany them; the music is by The xx. Christian Andersen makes New York City seem as magical as it is in this short film.
Implications - Youth demographics are looking for ways to transcend the quotidian and escape momentarily to somewhere else. The video by Christian Andersen taps into and portrays New York city with a desirable aura. Companies should take this into account for their future marketing initiatives.
Christian Andersen Captures Compelling Images of New York City
1. Escape Marketing - Companies can tap into the desires of youth to escape the mundane in their marketing initiatives.
2. Immersive Film Experiences - Creating a film that combines compelling imagery with well-chosen music can transport viewers to another world.
3. Destination Marketing - Films that showcase the unique characteristics of a city like NYC can inspire people to visit.
1. Tourism - Films that showcase destinations in an immersive way can be used to promote travel.
2. Music - The right music can enhance the emotional impact of a visual experience and create a more engaging story for viewers.
3. Advertising - There may be opportunities to incorporate elements of immersive film experiences or destination marketing into advertising campaigns for brands.