The idea of chic maternity wasn't considered until a few years ago when it became clear that the clothing offered to women during pregnancy relied only on function and did not take aesthetics into account. This, however, has made a change for the better in recent years as more and more brands embrace chic maternity as a guiding principle for their collections.
One of the most recent examples comes from a collaboration between Hatch and female-led label La Ligne who created a striking Resort collection for "mamas and mamas-to-be." The capsule consists of various staples such as a "comfy boyfriend button-down shirt" and a "breezy smock dress." Retailing between $168 and $395, extra value is introduced to the resort collection as most silhouettes can be worn with or without a bump.
Image Credit: Derek Kettela
Chic Maternity is What Hatch and La Ligne's Collection is All About
1. Chic Maternity Wear - More and more brands are embracing chic maternity as a guiding principle for their collections which represents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the traditional maternity wear industry.
2. Collaboration Between Brands - Collaboration between brands to create maternity wear represents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry.
3. Versatile Maternity Clothing - The creation of versatile maternity clothing which can be worn before and after pregnancy presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the traditional maternity wear industry.
1. Maternity Wear Industry - The maternity wear industry could benefit from embracing fashionable and chic clothing for pregnant women.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry could benefit from more collaboration between brands to create stylish maternity clothing.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry could benefit from the introduction of versatile maternity clothing that can be worn before and after pregnancy.