Based in London, United Kingdom, Chest of Drawers Ltd is a business that is committed to the triple bottom line. Profit, social good and environmental sustainability are all at the forefront of this furniture store based in Islington, North London that has now opened alternate showrooms in both West and South London.
Chest of Drawers offers furniture for the entire house including antique goods. The company was a 2011 winner of the Guardian's Sustainable Business Awards. In all of this, the way that the team has been able to provide some sense of transparency and knowledge for consumers was to build the Environmental Rating System so that each piece of furniture is labeled according to the transportation, workshop and other measures.
Chest of Drawers Ltd website
Chest of Drawers on Facebook
Chest of Drawers Ltd is Committed to Environmental Principles
1. Environmentally Sustainable Furniture - Opportunity for furniture retailers to focus on offering environmentally friendly products and implementing sustainable business practices.
2. Transparency in Product Labeling - There is a need for furniture retailers to provide transparency in product labeling, allowing consumers to make informed decisions based on environmental and social factors.
3. Triple Bottom Line Commitment - Businesses can embrace the triple bottom line approach, prioritizing profit, social good, and environmental sustainability, to attract socially conscious consumers.
1. Furniture Retail - Incorporating ethical and sustainable practices into the furniture retail industry can lead to a competitive advantage and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Sustainable Manufacturing - Opportunity for manufacturers to adopt sustainable manufacturing practices and develop eco-friendly furniture materials and production processes.
3. Transparency Technology - Development of technological solutions that enable furniture companies to provide transparent information about the environmental impact of their products.