For his latest project, renowned artist Cosimo Cavallaro is building a symbolic Cheese Wall near the US-Mexico border.
According to a GoFundMe page launched by the artist, the Cheese Wall will be built by blocks of spoiled milk that have been made into hard cheese. The Cheese Wall was originally funded to create a 25-foot long wall out of 200 blocks of cheese, but Cavallaro would like to make the wall even longer with the help of donations.
When asked why he launched the project, Cavallaro explains that it is "because of the political environment we are living in today." He strongly believes that all people are the same, regardless of which side of the border they stand on and that everyone has felt like an outsider at one point. His hope is that the Cheese wall will make people look at the idea of a wall in a different way and show a little more humanity.
Image Credit: Cavallaro.
Artist Cosimo Cavallaro is Building a Cheese Wall near the US-Mexico Border
1. Cheese Wall Art - The rising trend of using cheese as a medium to create artwork
2. Border Politics Art - The trend of artists using their work to comment on political issues related to borders and immigration
3. Crowdfunding for Art - The trend of artists using crowdfunding platforms to raise funds for their art projects
1. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunities for artists who want to incorporate unconventional materials or themes into their work
2. Food - Opportunities for food companies to explore unconventional uses of food products in creative ways to appeal to consumers
3. Crowdfunding - Opportunities for crowdfunding platforms to expand their reach and cater to a broader range of creative projects