Ben & Jerry's, a brand that's well-known for its social activism, teamed up with social activist Colin Kaepernick to create a fresh new flavor called Change the Whirled. The flavor is dedicated to love, resistance and the pursuit of equity and justice, and it celebrates Kaepernick's work to improve the lives of Black and Brown people. Kaepernick's portion of the proceeds from sales of Change the Whirled will help to support the work of Know Your Rights Camp, which he founded in 2016.
The ice cream itself is a non-dairy flavor, which was important to Kaepernick, who is vegan. The treat boasts a decadent caramel sunflower butter base that's loaded with fudge chips, graham cracker swirls and chocolate cookie swirls.
Image Credit: Ben & Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's Created 'Change the Whirled' with Colin Kaepernick
1. Socially Conscious Partnerships - Ben & Jerry's collaboration with Colin Kaepernick showcases the trend of brands partnering with activists to promote social change through products.
2. Non-dairy and Vegan Options - The creation of a non-dairy ice cream flavor by Ben & Jerry's to cater to vegan consumers highlights the trend of increasing demand for plant-based alternatives in the food industry.
3. Social Justice Branding - Ben & Jerry's dedication to social justice issues through the creation of a flavor that celebrates Colin Kaepernick's activism exemplifies the trend of brands aligning with social causes to connect with consumers on a deeper level.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry has opportunities to collaborate with activists and create products that promote social change, like Ben & Jerry's collaboration with Colin Kaepernick.
2. Plant-based Foods - The plant-based food industry can capitalize on the increasing demand for non-dairy and vegan options, as demonstrated by Ben & Jerry's creation of a vegan ice cream flavor.
3. Brand and Marketing - The brand and marketing industry can explore the trend of social justice branding, where brands align themselves with social causes to resonate with consumers and foster stronger connections.