The Chanel Couture Fall 2012 collection channels the great Coco Chanel, revamping the classics that made this fashion house what it is today. Karl Lagerfeld defined the series as "new vintage," which pays homage to staple Chanel items emulated by designers and brands around the world.
Classic jackets have been reconstructed with ladylike pink and grey patchwork tweed and waist-cinching statement belts. Tulle has been incorporated in unexpected places, with bits spilling out from jacket and skirt hemlines. The show-stopping ball gown worn by Lindsey Wixson is an ode to the aristocrats, with its billowing skirt and hair-grazing collar. Thousands of hours have gone into producing this lavish, handcrafted showcase.
To celebrate the series, Lagerfeld hosted a garden party for the Chanel Couture Fall 2012 collection.
Additional Source: fashionologie
The Chanel Couture Fall 2012 Collection Revamps Coco's Classics
1. Revamped Classics - Opulent ensembles that revamp classic designs to create a new vintage aesthetic.
2. Patchwork Tweed - Incorporating patchwork tweed into fashion designs for a modern twist on a traditional material.
3. Unexpected Tulle - Using tulle in unexpected ways, such as spilling out from jacket and skirt hemlines, for a unique and eye-catching effect.
1. Fashion Design - Opportunities for designers to create new collections by revamping classic designs and incorporating unexpected materials.
2. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can utilize patchwork tweed and unexpected tulle in their designs to create opulent and exclusive ensembles.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can take inspiration from the garden party hosted by Chanel to create lavish and opulent experiences for their clients.