Gucci's new 'Cat-eye' sunglasses are an avant-garde statement accessory drawing inspiration from sculptural styles that were prevalent in the 50s and 60s. Remixing a classic cat eye shape, the sunglasses are accented with spoked edges and feature an acetate frame with orange, mother of pearl, grey and black hues.
Made in Italy, the luxe sunglasses also boast white grey lenses and are accented with Gucci's iconic G detail logo in a gold metal hue. Offering 100% UVA/UVB protection, these retro inspired shades stay true to the Italian fashion brand's opulent aesthetic and designer Alessandro Michele's loud and playful point of view.
They also speak to the fashion industry's newfound obsession with camp and maximalism after a long-term focus on simplicity, illustrating consumer desires for pieces that make them stand out rather than blend in.
Gucci's Newest 'Cat-eye' Sunglasses are a Nod to the 50s and 60s
1. Avant-garde Sculptural Accessories - There is an opportunity for brands to create avant-garde accessories inspired by sculptural styles of the past, allowing consumers to make bold fashion statements.
2. Retro-inspired Sunglasses - Designers can capitalize on the current trend of retro-inspired fashion by creating unique sunglasses that draw inspiration from the 50s and 60s.
3. Camp and Maximalism in Fashion - The growing obsession with camp and maximalism presents an opportunity for fashion brands to create statement pieces that cater to consumers' desires to stand out and make a bold fashion statement.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from the trend of avant-garde sculptural accessories and retro-inspired sunglasses, catering to consumers' desire for unique and bold fashion statements.
2. Eyewear - The eyewear industry can tap into the trend of retro-inspired sunglasses by designing and manufacturing sunglasses that draw inspiration from the 50s and 60s.
3. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can leverage the trend of camp and maximalism in fashion by creating high-end, statement accessories that reflect consumers' desire for opulent and eye-catching pieces.