Alexander McQueen introduces a new oversized sneaker as the Black Court model gets a new colorway update. The shoe's spotlight is without a doubt the foundational section. The raised sole gives the shoe a dramatic look for the season and this time around, the color palette focuses on orange and black.
The fashion house adds sporty elements to the lifestyle silhouette. The construction is spotlighted by twill materials in black as soft suede is added in black as well. To add some tonal contrast, there is a orange leather accent at the heel tab at the back of the shoe. Beneath all of this is a white rubber sole unit that is dramatized in its sizing and three dimensional patterning midsoles inspired by natural forms.
Image Credit: Matches Fashion
Alexander McQueen's Black Court Trainers Get a New Makeover
1. Oversized Sneakers - Opportunity for athletic shoe companies to differentiate themselves by focusing on dramatic and exaggerated midsole designs.
2. Tonal Contrast - Opportunity for fashion companies to add interest to their designs by incorporating unexpected pops of color in unexpected places.
3. Three-dimensional Patterning Midsoles - Opportunity for shoe companies to explore the intersection of nature-inspired design and 3D printing technology.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can leverage oversized sneakers and tonal contrast in their designs to appeal to consumers searching for bold and unique footwear options.
2. Athletic Footwear - Athletic shoe companies can incorporate exaggerated midsoles in their designs to differentiate their products and create new trends.
3. 3D Printing - The shoe industry can explore the use of 3D printing technology to create and refine natural-inspired designs and patterning midsoles.