Sportswear label Nike unveils a Black Corduroy iteration of the iconic Air Max Plus sneaker silhouette. The model gets a constructional update as the upper is made using an all-black corduroy fabric for a textural but muted design. In addition to this, the shoe keeps the all-over plastic detail that is true to the silhouette.
Additional accents include the colorful eyelets and the metallic silver tongue for some tonal contrast. Across the side of the shoe is a fluorescent Nike Swoosh to add some branding detail on the outer wall. This all sits on top of a white midsole that features the classic Air Max bubble with bright details of red, purple, yellow and green.
Image Credit: Nike
Nike Updates the Air Max Plus in a Black Corduroy Design
1. Corduroy Sneakers - Brands can experiment with alternative fabrics to enhance the textural appeal of popular sneaker designs like the Air Max Plus.
2. Colorful Accents - Incorporating bright pops of color into classic sneaker designs can create fresh iterations that appeal to evolving consumer preferences in fashion and style.
3. Muted Designs - Muted color palettes can create a sleek, sophisticated look that resonates with fashion forward and casual consumers seeking minimalist designs with subtler accents.
1. Athletic Wear - Incorporating versatile materials like corduroy can elevate the appeal of classic sneaker silhouettes for consumers who prioritize both style and function in athletic footwear.
2. Fashion Retail - Keeping up with evolving customer trends and preferences in fashion can inspire innovative variations on classic shoe designs that appeal to fashion forward consumers.
3. Sustainable Footwear - Exploring alternative materials like corduroy can enable shoe designers to explore more sustainable and eco-friendly options for athletic wear and fashion footwear.