Fold up bikes are usually really dorky looking. Not the Cube concept bike called the Urban Street. Front lights are built in to brake levers and the front wheel hub will turn on lights when needed.
It is fantastic when unfolded and ready to ride and when it is folded, it's small enough to carry to your walk-up or stash in the closet.
Implications - Consumers are looking to purchase products that minimize the amount of space needed for storage. Concepts such as this Cube's Urban Street bicycle are highly popular as they are able to solve storage problems while still maintaining the quality of the original, but not storage-friendly product.
Cube Urban Street
1. Fold-up Bike Designs - Incorporating innovative designs into fold-up bikes offers a disruptive opportunity to meet consumer demand for minimal storage.
2. Eco-friendly Transportation - Cycling is an eco-friendly form of transportation, and adding features that make bikes more convenient for storage presents opportunities for disruption in the transportation industry.
3. Smart Bike Features - Integrating smart features, like built-in lights, into bikes is a disruptive opportunity for bike manufacturers to differentiate their products and cater to consumer demand for convenience.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - Bike manufacturers can disrupt the industry by creating more innovative and convenient products that cater to consumers who are looking for eco-friendly and space-saving transportation options.
2. Transportation - Offering fold-up bikes with smart features can be a disruptive opportunity for companies in the transportation industry looking to provide consumers with convenient and eco-friendly options for getting around.
3. Smart Home - As products and modes of transportation become more connected through smart technology, there is a disruptive opportunity for the smart home industry to integrate fold-up bikes as part of their space-saving solutions for consumers.