Stephanie Simek has produced one of my favourite pieces of jewellery I’ve seen for a while. She crafts delicates jewels that hang from the lash line, serving as a new breed of “eyecessories.” If you have a look at her website she’s just generally an inspiring lovely who’s just starting out, with a promising design career ahead.
Implications - The cosmetics field has always aimed to accent customers' favorite features, and as mainstream culture continues to value individualism, consumers are increasingly looking for unique and bizarre ways to adorn their faces. False eyelashes made of lace and jewelry that hangs from the lash line are just two of the many recent examples in this area.
Unique Eyecessories by Stephanie Simek
1. Eyelash Jewelry - Creating and selling jewelry that hangs from the lash line is a new and unique product offering in the beauty industry, which could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for cosmetics companies.
2. Delicate Eyewear Accessories - Designing delicate accessories that accentuate the eyes, whether by attaching to glasses or false eyelashes, is a growing trend that could challenge traditional eyewear design and offer a new revenue stream for optical companies.
3. Bizarre Face Adornments - Consumers are increasingly seeking out unique and bizarre ways to adorn their faces, opening up niche market opportunities for innovative cosmetic and accessory designers.
1. Beauty - The cosmetics industry can introduce eyelash jewelry and unusual face adornments as a new category of products to satisfy consumer demand for unique makeup looks and individuality.
2. Eyewear - The eyewear industry can create and sell delicate accessories for glasses that accentuate the eyes and provide a new source of revenue beyond the traditional production of prescription eyewear.
3. Fashion Accessories - Jewelry designers can tap into the growing trend of bizarre face adornments and create unique accessories that accentuate and adorn the face, not just the neck, wrists, and ears.