Avcon has established itself as a leader in Internet-based video conferencing systems in China, particularly because it took notice of the crossovers between the software and hardware that businesses use for both communication and security. As far as the convergence of these two systems, co-founder Liu Xialou remarks: "It’s easy to expand from videoconference to surveillance, as the former involves multidirectional data flow and basically contains all the technology needed in the latter, which usually involves one direction."
While many businesses find themselves tied up with in-person installs, Avcon eliminates the hassle that comes with organizing the shipment of specialized equipment and personnel to a client—instead, all of its installations can be done remotely.
Avcon now specializes in industry-specific communication and security tools, such as video conferencing systems for healthcare, education, construction or insurance. For instance, one program from the company is even capable of making "remote damage assessments," which reduces insurance claim times down to an hour.
China's Avcon Combines Communication and Security Tools for Business
1. Converged Communication and Security - Avcon's integration of video conferencing and surveillance systems highlights the trend of merging communication and security tools.
2. Remote Installations - Avcon's ability to remotely install its communication and security tools is a burgeoning trend in the industry.
3. Industry-specific Solutions - Avcon's focus on providing communication and security tools to specialized industries is an important trend in the evolving market.
1. Healthcare - Avcon's industry-specific communication and security tools, such as video conferencing systems, present disruptive innovation opportunities in the healthcare market.
2. Education - Avcon's communication and security solutions for education could lead to disruptive innovation in the industry, particularly in light of remote learning needs.
3. Insurance - Avcon's remote damage assessment tool has potential to disrupt the insurance industry by significantly speeding up claim times.