The schoolgirl-inspired collaboration collection with model Ashley Smith for RVCA clothing is inspired by teen cult movies like Clueless and Cry Baby. Ashley Smith is the gap-toothed super model whose face you’ve seen plastered all over fashion billboards. She has ventured into the world of fashion design with her first of six collaborations with RVCA. The Fall 2014 campaign images have premiered before the collection itself is available.
The Ashley Smith for RVCA collection was inspired by cult movies female lead characters, and the good girl vs. bad girl looks. The collection is girly and preppy with the RVCA edge. The fusion of good girl and bad girl is evident with the preppy high-waisted skirts paired with leather jackets.
The brand ambassador Ashley Smith gives us schoolgirl vibes by rocking white socks, collegiate-looking shoes and ponytails with headbands -- classic Clueless Cher Horowitz looks, duh!
The Clueless Inspired Ashley Smith for RVCA Collection is Way Cool
1. Cult Movie-inspired Fashion Collections - Fashion brands can create collaboration collections inspired by popular cult movies to appeal to younger audiences and tap into nostalgia.
2. Preppy-grunge Fusion Clothing - Brands can experiment with combining preppy and grunge elements in clothing designs to meet the demand for edgy yet feminine styles.
3. Model-designed Clothing Collections - Fashion brands can collaborate with popular models to create exclusive clothing collections that leverage their personal style and following.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can use this concept to create exclusive collections that appeal to younger audiences and capitalize on nostalgia for popular cult films.
2. Film and Entertainment - Cult movies can become a source of inspiration for fashion collaborations, creating cross-promotion opportunities and expanding the brand's reach to new audiences.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The use of popular cultural references in collaborations and marketing campaigns can generate buzz and create emotional connections with consumers, leading to increased sales and brand loyalty.