We've told you about the Apple iPhone for months now, and the much awaited phone is en route. However, you may be excited to learn that Apple is already working on its second version. News about the phone helped drive the stock price to new highs.
Implications - Companies that promote the idea that they are ahead of the curve showcase confidence. This confidence in a product can drastically alter the product's ability to perform in sales. The iPhone 2 being worked on before the first iPhone's release proved that Apple had confidence in the success of their product. Additionally, the announcement of such confidence creates hype around the product that ultimately makes it more desirable.
1. Early-stage Product Development - Companies are starting to work on the next version of a product before the current version is released, demonstrating confidence and generating hype.
2. Preemptive Innovation - Developing the next iteration of a product before its initial launch showcases a forward-thinking approach and creates anticipation among consumers.
3. Hype and Anticipation Marketing - Announcing future product plans in advance generates excitement and desire among consumers, leading to increased sales and stock market performance.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can benefit from early-stage product development by building anticipation for future iterations and boosting sales.
2. Technology and Innovation - The technology and innovation industry embraces the concept of preemptive innovation to stay ahead of the competition and maintain market dominance.
3. Stock Market and Investments - Announcements of future product plans can have a significant impact on stock market performance, making it an important consideration for investors.