Because all the cool kids are doing it, Vans has collaborated with anti-smoking tobacco prevention campaign 'truth' in an effort to help curb youth smoking.
Calling their collaboration 'Weapons of Mass Ridiculousness,' the two organizations enlisted creative agency '72andSunny' to create a pair of sneakers adorned with 100 different fun and interesting alternatives to smoking cigarettes. The Vans 'Authentic' shoe design features a wide array of emoji-mimicking illustrations ranging from 3D glasses, pieces of candy, Mexican tacos and seemingly random bolts of fire printed all over the black canvas upper.
The teen anti-smoking campaign will also include a matching hat, also covered in the same interesting print. Portions of the proceeds of every sale will also go towards 'truth' and its initiative that encourages young adults to make healthier choices.
These Vans Sneakers are Decorated with Cool Alternatives to Smoking
1. Anti-smoking Campaign Collaborations - Creative collaborations between anti-smoking campaigns and popular brands present an opportunity for creative and engaging initiatives.
2. Promoting Healthier Choices Through Fashion - Using fashion and wearable items to promote healthy choices and lifestyles provides opportunities for innovative marketing campaigns.
3. Alternative Messaging in Footwear Design - Incorporating messaging promoting societal and political issues in footwear design presents disruptive opportunities in the retail industry.
1. Advertising - Anti-smoking campaigns partnering with creative agencies and popular brands can revolutionize the advertising industry.
2. Fashion - Incorporating messaging promoting societal and political issues in footwear design presents disruptive opportunities in the fashion industry.
3. Health and Wellness - Using wearable items and fashion to promote healthy choices presents innovative marketing opportunities in the health and wellness industry.