Slovenian architect and yogi Anja Humljan asks us: do you know how your city feels?
Believing that our response to our environments depends not on geometry and function, but on what we touch, taste, smell and hear, Humljan created the 'The Urban Yoga Photo Book.' On her website, Humlijan reveals that, “As far as the poses are concerned, my aim was to connect, intertwine and mimic the urban space." Emilio P. Doiztua, Jaka Vinšek and Antoine Le Grand photographed Humljan as she posed on the city streets of New York, Madrid, Paris and Ljubljana.
While the project was initially released as a magazine edition during Paris Fashion Week, Humlijan raised over $10,000 via a Kickstarter campaign and plans to create a hardbound book version.
Anja Humljan Makes the City Streets Her Yoga Studio
1. Urban Yoga - Exploring the fusion of yoga and the urban environment, creating new ways to practice and experience yoga in city settings.
2. Outdoor Fitness Photography - Capturing fitness activities in outdoor urban environments, blurring the boundaries between exercise and urban exploration.
3. Crowdfunding for Art Projects - Utilizing crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter to raise funds and support for artistic endeavors, allowing creators to bypass traditional funding models.
1. Yoga and Wellness - Opportunity for yoga studios and wellness centers to incorporate urban elements and outdoor practices, attracting a new clientele seeking unique experiences.
2. Photography and Creative Arts - Opportunity for photographers and artists to explore new ways of capturing fitness and urban environments, creating visually striking and inspiring content.
3. Publishing and Printing - Opportunity for publishers and printing companies to produce unique art books and publications, tapping into niche markets and crowdfunding platforms.