At no point while looking through the the photography of Barcelona-based shutterbug Ana Larruy does one get the impression that this is the work of someone who is only 16 years old, but that is the case. After beginning her photography career at 13 and starting a fashion blog at 15, Ana Larruy made the switch to exclusively becoming a fashion photographer.
One of the reasons her portfolio betrays her age is the level of passionate sensuality in many of her shots. Ana Larruy's photography makes effective usage of lighting, make-up and settings to enhance the natural beauty and sex appeal of her models, making her work look like that of one of the fashion world's more accomplished and veteran photogs.
When asked whether or not her age causes reticence from agencies or magazines, Ana Larruy is pointed. "I think most of the people really don’t know that I’m 16. It’s something that I don’t usually tell them, not because I don’t want to, just because I don’t think it’s necessary," she said on the Ben Trovato blog, "I usually show my work first and then, if necessary I tell my age, but I have never thought age is important: It’s just a number! Talent and age aren’t bound."
Judging from her portfolio, Ana Larruy is absolutely right.
Ana Larruy Captures the Innocent and the Sultry in Her Portfolio
1. Youthful Photography - Ana Larruy's success at a young age presents opportunities for other young photographers to showcase their talent and defy age-related limitations.
2. Sensual Fashion - The sensuality of Ana Larruy's fashion photography presents opportunities for fashion brands to experiment with new and unconventional marketing campaigns.
3. New Talent Discovery - Ana Larruy's early start in photography presents opportunities for talent scouts to look beyond traditional age limits in search of new and innovative artists.
1. Fashion - Ana Larruy's success in fashion photography can inspire new approaches and techniques in the industry.
2. Photography - Ana Larruy's early start and success can inspire young photographers and lead to innovations in the field.
3. Talent Management - Ana Larruy's success at a young age presents opportunities for talent management agencies to broaden their search for young and innovative artists.