The Alexis Mabille Fall 2014 Couture collection is made up of visually striking dresses that are not made for every woman. Although every woman will appreciate the work and detail put into each design, they are eclectic and eccentric, in a purely elegant way. With sweeping lines, button-down shirt accents and lots of shimmery satin material, the gowns make bold statements in only the most interesting of ways.
Inspired by menswear, the designer opened up his Alexis Mabille Fall 2014 Couture show by quoting Susan Sontag, "What is the most beautiful in virile men is something feminine; what is most beautiful in feminine women is something masculine." Although not a groundbreaking concept, the elements are intriguingly applied.
The Alexis Mabille Fall 2014 Couture Line is Inspired by Menswear
1. Eccentric Dresses - There is a growing trend of eccentric dresses that make bold statements in interesting ways.
2. Menswear Inspired - Fashion designers are increasingly turning to menswear for inspiration in their couture collections.
3. Gender Blurring - The concept of combining masculine and feminine elements in fashion is becoming more popular.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage the trend of eccentric dresses to create unique and visually striking designs.
2. Couture - The couture industry can embrace the trend of menswear-inspired collections to create innovative and boundary-pushing designs.
3. Luxury - Luxury fashion brands can explore the concept of gender-blurring to target a more diverse and inclusive customer base.