Combining two of America's greatest passions -- marketing and religion -- niche firms in Hollywood are discovering that selling films to audiences of faith pays.
Even before Mel Gibson's "The Passion of The Christ," companies such as Motive Marketing and Grace Hill Media were helping put studios in touch with audiences seeking a moral message.
Recently, for the Disney-Walden Media co-production of C.S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," California-based Motive Marketing designed and maintained an extensive "faith and family outreach" marketing effort while Grace Hill Media handled the movie's grassroots publicity.
Grace Hill Media Markets Moral Messages
1. Faith-based Marketing - Niche firms in Hollywood are discovering that selling films to audiences of faith pays.
2. Moral Messaging in Entertainment - Marketing efforts are increasingly focused on connecting with audiences seeking a moral message.
3. Grassroots Publicity Campaigns - Companies like Grace Hill Media are handling extensive grassroots publicity campaigns for movies with a faith-based audience.
1. Entertainment - Opportunities exist for disruptive innovation that caters to the growing demand for faith-based entertainment.
2. Marketing / Advertising - Marketing agencies can find success by focusing on the faith-based audience and connecting them with relevant content.
3. Public Relations - Public relations firms can provide valuable services for grassroots publicity campaigns that connect with audiences seeking a moral message.