To give its fans a sneak peek at the all-new adidas Deerupt sneaker style, adidas created an augmented reality unboxing experience that unfolds on one's desktop or mobile browser without the need for a specialized download or app.
The augmented reality experience requires users to give access to their device's camera, which will make it possible for the footwear style to appear before their own eyes. Once the virtual box has been opened, users are able to view the product from all angles and if they desire, opt to purchase a pair of the sneakers via the adidas website.
While there are now a few product experiences being created based on the unboxing phenomenon, this standalone one sets itself apart as one that successfully works without relying on an app or platform.
adidas' Deerupt Sneaker Can Be Discovered Online with a Virtual Reveal
1. Augmented Reality Unboxing - Using augmented reality to create unique unboxing experiences for products, allowing customers to preview and interact with products before purchasing.
2. No-download Augmented Reality - Developing augmented reality experiences that can be accessed directly through a mobile or desktop browser without the need for a specialized app or platform.
3. Interactive Product Visualization - Providing customers with the ability to view and explore products from all angles using interactive technology, enhancing the product discovery and purchasing process.
1. Retail - Retailers can utilize augmented reality unboxing to enhance the digital shopping experience and showcase products in an engaging and interactive way.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can incorporate no-download augmented reality to offer customers immersive product experiences and increase online conversions.
3. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage interactive product visualization to allow customers to virtually try on clothing and accessories, boosting online sales and reducing return rates.