Acne Studios' men's clothing options for the Spring/Summer 2019 season break the conventional method of talking about clothes. Jonny Johansson — the brand's Creative Director, is waging a war on traditional archetypes within the fashion industry. With his accessible line-up, he is aiming to destabilize the way we talk about garments.
The key focus of the collection is misinterpretation. Johansson attempts to bring creative answers to hypothetical situations where one is asked to "describe a pair of jeans [but] is actually talking about a blouson." Acne Studios men's clothing reflects this thorough minimalist yet sculptural silhouettes that call for attention. From actual jeans cut as blousons to "an M-1965 field jacket cut as a city coat," the Spring/Summer 2019 collection is definitely strange.
Acne Studios' Men's Clothing Boasts Deconstructed Silhouettes
1. Deconstructed Silhouettes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to deconstruct traditional fashion designs and create unique silhouettes.
2. Destabilizing Fashion Archetypes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Challenge traditional fashion archetypes by creating accessible and unconventional clothing lines.
3. Misinterpreted Garments - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design clothing that intentionally misinterprets common garment descriptions, creating a new conversation around fashion.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace unconventional design approaches to disrupt the fashion industry and redefine fashion norms.
2. Men's Clothing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with minimalist yet sculptural silhouettes to redefine men's fashion.
3. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate unconventional clothing options into retail offerings to appeal to customers looking for unique and thought-provoking garments.