Blue in all shades was the predominant color worn at the prestigious 2009 Costume Institute Gala Benefit.
Stars and models who sported the blue color include Madonna in Louis Vuitton (and some curious headgear), Jessica Alba in Jason Wu, Brooke Shields in Calvin Klein, Liv Tyler in Stella McCartney, and Bee Shaffer in Nina Ricci.
Blue Versace dresses and gowns were worn by Gisele Bundchen, Donatella Versace, Cindy Crawford, and Blake Lively.
Implications - The amount of high-profile stars rocking shades of blue at this season's awards is telling of the color's influence on designers for summer. The color looks great on a variety of skin tones, and stars at the Costume Institute gala are proof of this. Regardless of the shade, blue is making its way onto runways, the pages of fashion magazines and the streets.
Blue Dominates 2009 Costume Institute Gala Benefit
1. Blue Dominance - The overwhelming popularity of blue shades at the 2009 Costume Institute Gala Benefit represents an opportunity for designers to innovate with different shades and tones of blue.
2. Celebrity Influence - The impact of high-profile stars wearing blue dresses and gowns highlights the potential for brands to collaborate with celebrities to promote their designs.
3. Summer Fashion Trending Blue - The dominance of blue at the Costume Institute gala signals an opportunity for fashion brands to create collections embracing this summer's trending color.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can take advantage of the popularity of blue by incorporating various shades of it in their upcoming collections.
2. Celebrity Endorsement - Celebrity endorsement can be a game-changing innovation opportunity for fashion brands looking to increase sales and gain exposure.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can incorporate the trending blue color into their themes to create visually appealing and stylish events.