The online magazine and blog Refinery29 is putting a whole new spin on its business model with the launch of R29 Shops, a new shopping platform that will help the brand to increase its revenue from commerce, which is currently 20 percent of total revenue (the other 80 percent comes from ads).
R29 Shops will allow fans of the site to shop designer boutiques including those from Norma Kamali, Steven Alan, Rebecca Minkoff and more. Refinery29 is also pairing up with the likes of Cosabella and Jack Rogers on new exclusive offers. The brand previously offered periodic exclusive merchandise, typically around Valentine's Day, reports WWD. What's more, the new shopping platform will let customers shop directly from the closets of Refinery29 editors. For the site's readers, I'm sure nothing could be sweeter!
Stats for Blog-Branded Retail Ventures
Trending: Older & Mild
Research: 1,103 clicks in 203 w
Interest: 1 minutes
Concept: R29 Shops
Related: 79 examples / 61 photos
Segment: Females, 18-55
Comparison Set: 29 similar articles, including: personalized lookbook shopping, 67 online shopping sensations, and online shopping guide graphs.
Blog-Branded Retail Ventures
More Stats +/-
67 Online Shopping Sensations
Personalized Lookbook Shopping
Online Shopping Guide Graphs
Mobile Shopping Projectors
Benevolent Online Shopping