Fashion imprint WHO DECIDES WAR recently showcased its new designs for the Spring/Summer 2023 season, and it is focused on denim materials first and foremost. The designs are vibrantly made with inspiration drawn from the duo's Caribbean roots and dynamic island lifestyle.
There are themes that reference a beachy theme, tropical designs, floral patterning, and much more. Other motifs that capture this include the birds, maps, and palm tree emblems as well. Speaking about the new collection, Tela D'Amore states that “We wanted to create something that was lighter this time around [...] also to create something that was colorful and fun and people can feel a bit of nostalgia, while also seeing something new.”
Image Credit: WHO DECIDES WAR, Vogue Runway
WHO DECIDES WAR Delivers its Latest Capsule for SS23
1. Caribbean-inspired Fashion - The incorporation of Caribbean aesthetics in fashion provides opportunities for designers to create unique and culturally diverse collections that can appeal to wider audience.
2. Denim-centric Designs - Denim, as the focus of fashion designs, can inspire innovations in sustainable and eco-friendly fabric manufacturing, providing an opportunity for fashion and textile industries to explore and create new eco-friendly materials.
3. Tropical/floral Patterning - The incorporation of tropical and floral patterns in fashion designs can inspire innovative digital print designs to create unique and sustainable patterns for clothing, accessories, and home decor items.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to explore diversity in design options by incorporating Caribbean aesthetics, providing a platform for inclusivity.
2. Textile Industry - The use of denim as the focus of fashion designs can inspire textile manufacturers to create sustainable and eco-friendly fabrics to align with the fashion industry's sustainability goals.
3. Digital Printing Industry - The use of tropical/floral patterns in fashion designs creates an opportunity for the digital printing industry to innovate and create new and sustainable print designs, shaping the future of print manufacturing.