The Vogue Russia April 2012 cover shoot is filled with ghetto fabulous looks. It is as though model Daphne Groeneveld brought a touch of the eccentric street style from her recent controversial Vogue Italia ‘Haute Mess’ editorial. But in place of the kitschy, over-the-top outfits, this photo shoot showcases a more subdued and sophisticated interpretation of ghetto girl get-ups.
Shot by French photographer Hedi Slimane in collaboration with London-based stylist Sarah Richardson, the Vogue Russia April 2012 cover shoot is both dark and shimmering. Slimane balanced out the glittering and sparkling numbers with black and white stills in addition to grittily saturated ones. Richardson chose a wardrobe of metallic pieces from fashion houses such as Versace, Balenciaga, Givenchy and Dolce & Gabbana.
The looks in the Vogue Russia April 2012 editorial were finished by beauty artist Gucci Westman’s full makeup and hairstylist Yannick d’Is’ voluminous locks.
The Vogue Russia April 2012 Cover Shoot Stars Daphne Groeneveld
1. Ghetto-fabulous Fashion - The trend towards urban street style in high-end fashion creates opportunities to democratize the fashion market with affordable and sustainable styles inspired by diverse cultures and communities
2. Glitter and Grit - The juxtaposition of high-end fashion with gritty urban settings creates opportunities for disruptive artistic expressions that challenge conventional perceptions of beauty and luxury.
3. Collaborative Couture - The increasing collaboration between fashion photographers, stylists, makeup artists, and hair stylists expands opportunities to merge different artistic expressions and influences to create innovative fashion trends.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend towards urban street style to create more diverse and inclusive fashion lines that appeal to a wider range of customers.
2. Photography - The photography industry can seize the opportunities presented by the intersection of high-end fashion and gritty urban settings to create innovative and disruptive editorial shoots that question traditional beauty standards.
3. Beauty - The beauty industry can leverage the collaborative nature of high-end fashion shoots to create new makeup and hair styling trends that challenge rigid beauty norms and embrace diversity.