British fashion designer S.S. DALEY presents his latest designs made for the Spring/Summer 2023 season with the Vita collection. It was shown during London Fashion Week and featured London dance school students that took attendees through a mystical performance.
It honored a new narrative that highlights colonial love letters that were shared between "19th-century author Vita Sackville-West and socialite Violet Trefusis." The show took place in London's St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel and the bells rang as the presentation began. The designs included looks such as dynamic tops, robes, and patchwork shirts that are made from tea towels to honor his artistic language, along with a selection of eyewear made with the help of Dan Levy's DL Eyewear.
Image Credit: Maja Smiejkowska
S.S. DALEY Drops the Vita Collection for the SS23 Season
1. Mystical Performances - Opportunity for fashion designers to incorporate performance art into their collections to create a multidisciplinary experience for their audiences.
2. Upcycling Materials - Opportunity for designers to utilize unconventional materials in their collections, such as tea towels, to promote eco-consciousness and sustainability.
3. Collaborative Eyewear - Opportunity for fashion designers to collaborate with eyewear brands or create their own line of eyewear to complement their collections and expand their brand offerings.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore innovative ways to incorporate performance art and upcycling materials, as well as expand their offerings with collaborative eyewear.
2. Performing Arts - Opportunity for performing arts institutions to collaborate with fashion designers to produce multidisciplinary shows, enhancing the audience's experience.
3. Eyewear Manufacturing - Eyewear brands can explore collaborations with fashion designers to create exclusive collections and expand their target audience within the fashion industry.