Tom Ford's Spring/Summer 2013 line hit the runways at the 2012 Paris Fashion Week. The mod 60s-chic presentation featured beehives, neutral tones and best of all, knee-length gladiator-inspired heels.
The long, strappy stilettos build on the Ford's interest in celibacy, "There can be something a little perverse about chastity" said the fashion mogul during an interview with Vogue. And indeed, this design walks a thin line between modesty and seduction, especially given the intertwined straps of leather.
Black, gold, silver and nude hues were displayed on the feet of the elegant models. The bandage-like style revealed bits of skin while still covering the calves and ankles, instantly drawing the eyes of spectators to the Grecian design.
Tom Ford's Spring/Summer 2013 Footwear is Grecian
1. Knee-high Gladiator Pumps - Opportunity to disrupt the footwear industry with provocative and revealing designs that blend modesty and seduction.
2. Mod 60s-chic Fashion - Opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry by reintroducing retro styles with a modern twist.
3. Grecian-inspired Designs - Opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry with Greek-inspired fashion that combines elegance and boldness.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to push boundaries and create provocative designs that challenge traditional notions of modesty.
2. Footwear - Opportunity for footwear manufacturers to create knee-high gladiator-inspired heels that bridge the gap between fashion and sensuality.
3. Luxury - Opportunity for luxury brands to attract consumers with unique, eye-catching designs that offer a blend of modesty and seduction.