Some fashion shows quack me up. In Sydney they feature a fest of webbed feet for a wonderful fete. No ugly ducks here, they are all dressed to kill. Don't ask for the bill, however. Some ducks prefer to be judged on fleet webness, so they race. No fair goosing the contestants.
"Behatted ducks in pink, green and yellow outfits waddled down the catwalk in the Pied Piper Duck Show at one of Australia's most famous annual country festivals.
Brian Harrington, who runs the show, believes his feathered models are just as talented as their human counterparts, and completely under-appreciated."
Implications - The pet products and services industry was once based on the basic maintenance of a cuddly critter; however, it is now based on pet personification, with pet owners looking to instill human attributes into their companions.
Sydney Loves Quacks
1. Pet Personification - Opportunity for pet products and services industry to cater to pet owners looking to instill human attributes into their companions.
2. Duck Fashion - Opportunity for fashion industry to explore unique and creative clothing designs for ducks.
3. Animal Fashion Shows - Opportunity for event planning industry to organize fashion shows featuring animals as models.
1. Pet Products and Services - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating products and services that cater to pet personification trend.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in designing fashionable clothing and accessories for ducks.
3. Event Planning - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in organizing animal fashion shows to entertain and attract audiences.