Rick Owens works in collaboration with Venetian-based artist Swamp God on a new collection of unique apparel alongside one another. The new range stems from the ethos of sustainability with a focus on reducing any waste generated from product manufacturing.
The duo delivers a range of apparel that dial in on upcycling techniques first and foremost. The two make use of deadstock fabric to create modern silhouettes to join Rick Owens roster. Every piece is made using deconstructed fabrics and made by hand to create the patchwork style on every item. This brings life back to the wasted materials by stitching together heritage patterns from its own archives in the iconic ghoulish silhouettes that are true to Rick Owens.
Image Credit: Rick Owens
Rick Owens Joins Swamp God on a Special Collection Together
1. Sustainable Upcycling - Collaborating with artists to upcycle deadstock fabric to create modern silhouettes with heritage patterns to revive wasted materials.
2. Handmade Patchwork Style - Creating deconstructed fabric patchwork in modern ghoulish silhouettes that reduce waste and create unique apparel pieces.
3. Heritage Pattern Revival - Introducing deadstock fabric with heritage patterns to create a sustainable and unique apparel collection while reducing product manufacturing waste.
1. Fashion Industry - Partnering with artists to create sustainable, unique, and handmade apparel through the revival of heritage patterns and deadstock fabric and inspiring other fashion companies to do the same.
2. Upcycling Industry - Reducing waste generated from manufacturing by upcycling deadstock fabric and introducing new techniques and craftsmanship to create handmade upcycled apparel collections.
3. Art Industry - Partnering with fashion companies to create unique handmade apparel collections through the integration of art and sustainability which inspire future collaborations within the industry.