Nike has announced the release of the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker, its newest high-profile collaboration with the New York City-based streetwear label Supreme. The new shoes are said to be inspired by the Japanese street racing manga 'Initial D.' In particular, Takumi Fujiwara’s Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86.
The new sneaker model arrives in two versions: quilted denim or quilted leather. In both models, the quilted pattern makes up the majority of their uppers. In addition, both sneakers come with co-branded tongue tags, faux snakeskin swoosh logos, checkered heel straps, and Supreme's signature red and white logo on their insoles.
For those interested, the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker is now available to purchase on Supreme's website and at select physical retailers.
Image Credit: Supreme
The Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid Features Snakeskin Swooshes
1. High-profile Collabs - As high-profile collaborations like the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker continue to emerge, opportunities exist for new partnerships and joint ventures across industries.
2. Quilted Style Footwear - The quilted pattern seen in the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker may inspire a trend in fashion and footwear design, leading to new products and competitors in this space.
3. Anime & Manga Fashion - The influence of 'Initial D' on the design of the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker signals a potential for further innovation in anime and manga-inspired fashion and merchandise.
1. Streetwear - The collaboration between Supreme and Nike on the SB Blazer Mid exemplifies the continued expansion and popularity of streetwear fashion, indicating potential opportunities for new entrants and product designers in this space.
2. Footwear - The release of the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid quilted denim and leather sneakers signals a potential for innovative textile and material designs in the creation of new footwear products.
3. Anime & Manga Merchandise - The success of the Supreme x Nike SB Blazer Mid sneaker, inspired by 'Initial D,' presents an opportunity for brands to tap into the anime and manga fan base with merchandise and clothing lines.