Drinking coffee is a great way wake up kick start your day, but with SparkFun’s LED coffee table, getting pumped is even more interactive and much more exciting than simply sipping coffe.
SparkFun’s LED coffee table also serves as a set for four-way ping-pong. This table, which took two years to complete, has 64 RGB serial matrices, 4 Atari controllers and one LPC2106 dev board.
SparkFun Electronics has only created one such table, as they are still making improvements. If you want this coffee table, it won’t be easy because the line of interested “coffee drinkers” is long. Patience will have to be one of your virtues.
The SparkFun LED Coffee Table
1. Interactive Furniture - The trend towards interactive furniture creates opportunity for companies to combine technology with everyday items to provide a more engaging experience for consumers.
2. Gaming-inspired Design - Designs that incorporate or are inspired by video games, like SparkFun's LED coffee table, can cater to a growing consumer demographic interested in gaming culture.
3. DIY Home Entertainment - The DIY trend intersects with home entertainment through projects like creating gaming tables or other interactive furniture that allow consumers to customize their recreational experiences.
1. Furniture - Furniture companies have the opportunity to incorporate technology into their products, creating a new and innovative market of interactive furniture.
2. Gaming - Companies in the gaming industry can expand their products to include home entertainment furniture, tapping into the growing DIY trend and expanding their consumer base.
3. DIY - The DIY industry can provide materials and guides for consumers to create their own interactive furniture, tapping into the demand for customization and home entertainment.