Recession? What recession? Riccardo Tisci’s Fall 2009 collection for Givenchy was a fierce spectacle. In this collection Tisci wanted to appeal to a diversity of women by incorporating luxe, long and sexy fur. There were quite a few of these pieces as Tisci drew heavily on the idea of animal sexuality for the show.
See the gallery above to take a look at Riccardo Tisci’s fashionable animal instincts.
Implications - As the recession dwindles down, consumers are seeking out ways to inject some luxury into their lifestyles. Products that contain an element of prestige are attractive to shoppers who desire a way to feel one-of-a-kind. Companies looking to increase their revenue could hone in on this aspect of the elite.
Givenchy's Animal Inspiration for Fall 2009
1. Luxury Animal-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for designers to incorporate animal-inspiration into high-end fashion lines
2. Fur Clothing for Diverse Women - Market for luxurious fur pieces that appeal to women of various backgrounds and styles
3. Prestige Products for Post-recession Consumers - Opportunity for companies to produce products that provide consumers with an exclusive feel
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers and retailers can incorporate these trends into their clothing lines and marketing strategies
2. Luxury Goods Industry - Luxury goods companies can expand their product offerings to include fur and other prestige items
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Opportunity for marketers to develop campaigns that position exclusive products as status symbols