If you're like me and you came of the age in the late 80s or early 90s, these retro gaming ads will take you back to a simpler time. Long before the video game industry was a billion dollar enterprise, with conventions and major multi-platform marketing pushes, they were a niche product marketed towards children in the same way fast-food and toys were.
In these retro gaming ads, we see some of the best video game posters the late 90s and early 90s had to offer, including marketing for some of the biggest brands of the era like Street Fighter and Double Dragon. Other highlights in these retro gaming ads include video games adapted from movies, like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Total Recall, and Rambo.
Despite the legendary nature of the games I just mentioned, my favorite part of these retro gaming ads is the poster for the WWF "Rage of the Cage" game. Nothing reminds me of childhood more than a wrestling video game, and the cover highlights two of my favorite wrestlers: Ted DiBiase and Randy Savage. Click through this collection of retro gaming ads to get in touch with your inner-child.
These Retro Gaming Ads Take Us Back To A Simpler Time
1. Nostalgic Marketing - Opportunity for businesses to tap into consumers' nostalgia for retro gaming ads and create marketing campaigns that evoke a sense of nostalgia.
2. Retro Gaming Merchandise - Potential for businesses to capitalize on the popularity of retro gaming ads by selling merchandise inspired by classic video games and their marketing materials.
3. Virtual Retro Gaming Events - Possibility for businesses to organize virtual events that celebrate retro gaming ads and bring together a community of fans for gaming tournaments and discussions.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing agencies to incorporate elements of nostalgia in their campaigns, using retro gaming ads as inspiration.
2. E-commerce - Potential for e-commerce platforms to create specialized marketplaces for retro gaming merchandise, catering to the growing demand from nostalgic consumers.
3. Gaming and Entertainment - Possibility for gaming companies to create virtual retro gaming events, attracting both nostalgic gamers and new players interested in experiencing classic video games.