Sea sirens and mesmerizing mermaids are often captured in colorfully sequinned ensembles for fashion editorials, but the Plaza Kivinna July 2012 cover shoot takes a different route. In place of a soft, romantic and light-hearted mythical storyline, actress and model Liberty Ross stars in a photoshoot that is more Gothic than anything else. From her raven black hair straight down to her dark wardrobe, she is not the typical beach bum, that's for sure.
The Plaza Kivinna July 2012 cover shoot was lensed by Swedish photographer Christopher Schmidt with production by Gabriel Rey. The Los Angeles-based beauty was styled by Christian Classen. He pulled pieces from the racks of such labels as Julien MacDonald, Agent Provocateur, Alexander McQueen and others. Ross' edgy look was finished with straight locks and berry lips.
The Plaza Kivinna July 2012 Cover Shoot Stars a Dark Liberty Ross
1. Gothic Fashion Editorials - Opportunity for designers to explore darker and edgier themes in fashion editorials
2. Alternative Mermaid Ensembles - Opportunity for fashion brands to experiment with alternative designs for mermaid-inspired fashion
3. Edgy Mythical Storylines - Opportunity for creatives to explore darker and more unconventional mythical storylines in fashion shoots
1. Fashion Industry - Opportunities for fashion brands and designers to create alternative, edgy and unconventional designs that cater to different tastes and preferences
2. Photography Industry - Opportunity for photographers to explore darker and more unconventional themes in fashion photography
3. Beauty Industry - Opportunity for cosmetic brands to experiment with darker and edgier makeup looks that cater to alternative fashion trends