For those who want some insight into events like Comic-Con will enjoy this People You See at Every Nerd Convention cheat sheet. It is offers many of the classic stereotypes to expect when in attendance. Since San Diego's Comic-Con just occurred this past weekend, it is only natural that people would want to refer to it to see how many sightings they can check off.
Created by Julia Lepetit and Andrew Bridgman from Dorkly, the People You See at Every Nerd Convention series involves everyone from Stan Lee to a guy with a functional Iron Man suit and people who think t-shirts pass as costumes. Unfortunately for those at the International Comic-Con this year, Stan Lee had to bow out of his appearance due to illness.
Dorkly's People You See at Every Nerd Convention is Hilarious
1. Cosplay Culture - The popularity of cosplay at nerd conventions presents opportunities for innovative costume design and rental services.
2. Celebrity Appearances - The demand for celebrity appearances at nerd conventions opens up possibilities for virtual meet-and-greet experiences or holographic guest appearances.
3. Comic-con Influence - The influence of Comic-Con as a cultural phenomenon creates potential for the development of similar conventions in different industries, such as tech or gaming.
1. Costume and Fashion - The rise of cosplay at nerd conventions creates opportunities for costume and fashion companies to cater to this niche market.
2. Entertainment and Event Management - The demand for celebrity appearances at nerd conventions provides a chance for entertainment and event management companies to offer unique experiences and services.
3. Creative Media and Publishing - The impact of Comic-Con on popular culture suggests that creative media and publishing companies can explore the potential of organizing conventions for their respective industries.